yesterday, today and tomorrow
Yesterday: So London won the race to host the 2012 Olympics!! I was so very happy, particularly as we beat Paris with such a close vote. Watching the reaction of people at Trafalgar Square bought tears to my eyes. The first thought that went through my mind was that I will be able to take my 6 year old child to watch the Games. I have always been a fan of the Olympics and would love to see it in real life. I was not an outright supporter during the campaign because I was sure that this would be another British disappointment, so I daren’t get excited. When the announcement was made – I jumped around the room.
Today: Woke up still feeling the happiness of winning the Olympic Games, got my breakfast and switched on the TV, only to be hit with the images of attacks on London’s transport system. Multiple explosions!! I suppose that as a Londoner I was always expecting something to happen, I am not naïve. But that does not make it any easier – why why why do these people want to hurt and murder innocent commuters?? GRRR. This is not the first attack and probably won’t be the last.
Tomorrow: One thing is for sure. London is resilient and strong and we will power on. For friends reading this, we are fine. My husband works in Kent and I am at home in the London outskirts. Tomorrow we call friends and family to make sure they are OK. Generally just touch base with the ones we love.
Today: Woke up still feeling the happiness of winning the Olympic Games, got my breakfast and switched on the TV, only to be hit with the images of attacks on London’s transport system. Multiple explosions!! I suppose that as a Londoner I was always expecting something to happen, I am not naïve. But that does not make it any easier – why why why do these people want to hurt and murder innocent commuters?? GRRR. This is not the first attack and probably won’t be the last.
Tomorrow: One thing is for sure. London is resilient and strong and we will power on. For friends reading this, we are fine. My husband works in Kent and I am at home in the London outskirts. Tomorrow we call friends and family to make sure they are OK. Generally just touch base with the ones we love.
<< Home